Very generous 4th and 5th graders at Dale Street School successfully raised $12,100 to help orphans and vulnerable children in Zimbabwe.
On November 21st, students participated in a “Hunger Luncheon” where they donated $2 and ate only a bowl of rice for lunch. Over the next few weeks, groups of children organized additional money making activities. Special thanks to:
- Ms. Sager and her class for organizing a kick off video and leading the charge,
- Mr. Tarantino’s Tungurura Marimba Group (of Sharon, MA) and Mr. Ruggiero’s Ngoma Dzakanaka Marimba Group (of Medfield, MA) for participating in a benefit concert for C4C,
- Mrs. Cowell’s class for making and selling paper cranes,
- Mr. White’s class for holding a bake sale and making hats to sell for Hat Day,
- Mr. Douglas and Mrs. Kristof’s classes for organizing “Hat Day” and running a flea market in their two classes,
- Mrs. Carolyn Ghantous for donating handmade earrings to be sold,
- Brianna Connor for donating handmade Capri Sun bags for a raffle,
- and all the individual students, teachers, Dale Street staff, and Medfield families who helped to make this fundraiser a success!